Monday, August 27, 2018

How To Learn All Those Names!!

The number one rule of teaching is.....learn their names, learn their names, learn their names!!  Which isn't too difficult if you have a class of 20-30 kids.  However, Art Teachers, and other Encore Staff have literally hundreds  of students!  Not to mention-the kids tend to "change" or grow up a little over summer break.  This year I had one student that I have known for several years cut 24 inches off of her hair, get glasses and grow (at least) 2 inches over the summer.  On the first day of school I had no idea who she was-even though last school year I had spent many class periods sitting next to her- she always chose the seat closest to me! 

Over the years I have created or "borrowed" many different projects that center around the student's names.  Since I always want them to be learning something, I have modified or changed these projects to emphasis something about the art world. My 2nd graders project focusses on warm and cool colors.  To download the lesson visit my TPT page here...
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Warm-and-Cool-Names-For-2nd-Grade-4027315


This lesson is free to you! 

As we go forward into the new year....Learn Those Names!!

No comments:

Post a Comment